Home Page

Great Defensive Pistol Course

Offline Shortaxe

• Keep it simple and remember prepping is personal!
Great Defensive Pistol Course
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:22 PM »
If you carry for defense, you should plan on getting some training. I put it off for several years, taking a formal class just takes time and money.
I have followed Rob Pincus and his Combat Focus Shooting course and finally found a class in Las Vegas, so I packed up and headed down last weekend for the two day course.
The course outline says your going to shoot 800 rounds, and yes you will, we shot almost a thousand.
I wanted to let you all know about the class in case your interested in some training.
I don't remember the last class I had where the instructor wants you to shoot faster, and faster still. The day begins with orientation and the philosophy of the course. He uses a method of holding on target that uses your entire body and locks you into sight alignment which then allows for the fast rounds downrange. To tell you the truth, I was a little amazed at how fast I could fire and get Combat Effective Hits. Everything they do is backed up by science and they tell you just how it all works. I was amazed at the results!
One of the things I wanted was to achieve a new level of confidence when or if I may have to use the skills. I came away with such a new, solid foundation and skill set that I look forward to the next practice range.
So the course is put on through the Personal Defense Network, something that Rob Pincus developed over years of experience, study and research.
If I would suggest one new course to take, could not recommend it more. I believe that Rob has new instructors that will start teaching here in Reno at the new Reno Guns and Range. The call if Defensive Focus Shooting. It's based on the course called Combat Focus Shooting that I took. Looks like it's 225 bucks here.
So go get some training!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:56:21 PM by TPPrepper K7VWB »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions