Home Page

Boy Scouts

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: Boy Scouts
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
The consequences spread:

Mormons Sever Ties with Boy Scouts of America
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/09/mormons-sever-ties-boy-scouts-america/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline xoruss

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 05:47:55 AM »
  As of 12/31/2019, the LDS church, one of the, if not the largest sponsor(s) of scouting, will withdraw from that historical relationship. The statement, surprisingly emailed to any church member who has an email account, doesn't mention political correctness but says the church wants to help the you build better lives. All other members will either see the announcement in the news or will hear it announced next Sunday at church. In my opinion, they gave BSA the lead time to help the scouts time to re-work their finances.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline owldancer

• Just a figment of the imagination!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
TWP on the article you linked the first comment was priceless and really sums up my feelings about where "Scouts" has been heading.

Here is the comment:

“...and this is my tolerance badge, this one's my #MeToo badge, here’s my bathroom courage badge, here's my 'Down With Cheerleading' badge, this one's my white privilege badge, this one's my 'No More All-Male DCI Drum and Bugle Corps' badge, this one's for kneeling with the NFL, this one's my 'Girls Run the World' Beyoncé badge, here's my Planned Parenthood solidarity badge, here’s my cross dressing badge, and this last one is my 'I'm With Her' badge with the 'H' device.”

Why would you want to kill off over 18.5%(which is the LDS part) of your base to be politically correct.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »
owldancer,

I drilled down in the linked article but cannot find the statement which you quoted.

Do you have URL for where that statement appears?

If it was on one of the social media sites, then I have them blocked on my browser, which might be why I cant find it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline owldancer

• Just a figment of the imagination!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 08:47:02 AM »
TWP it was the first comment just below the article in http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/09/mormons-sever-ties-boy-scouts-america/

BuckeyePhysicist • a day ago

“...and this is my tolerance badge, this one's my #MeToo badge, here’s my bathroom courage badge, here's my 'Down With Cheerleading' badge, this one's my white privilege badge, this one's my 'No More All-Male DCI Drum and Bugle Corps' badge, this one's for kneeling with the NFL, this one's my 'Girls Run the World' Beyoncé badge, here's my Planned Parenthood solidarity badge, here’s my cross dressing badge, and this last one is my 'I'm With Her' badge with the 'H' device.”

Share ›

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »
owldancer,  Ok, that explains why I couldn't find it, "comments" is managed by a script which is blocked by the NoScript add-on in my browser.

Thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions