Home Page

California, again... Wants to secede

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
California, again... Wants to secede
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
If you've been following this can of worms, there is a larger than previous brou-ha-ha (sp) about trying to get the current state of California removed entirely from the United States and to form a new country.

My personal opinion is this will not come to pass, but it is certain to cause more smoke and mirrors action.

In the (IMO) unlikely event that this secession occurs, I would expect to see a fairly large exodus of people.   Which means lots of new people in the adjoining states... :o

Nothing is likely to happen for years, but it is one more event to keep track of and plan for...  It never ends, so prep for it... :P

Would they name it:  "The Peoples Republic of California"? :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:30:13 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Clay

Re: California, again... Wants to secede
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »
From what I've read, it is technically impossible without going to war. That means it's never going to happen. Its much more likely the state of Jefferson was to succeed from California, but even that is nearly impossible as well.

Considering two of the largest ports in the country are in California and a considerable amount of the countries good flow through them I cannot see anything like this ever happening.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pqtb

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:37 AM »
Does the whole state want to succeed or just the coastal region?  I have a hard time believing the rural areas want to succeed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:50:57 AM »
I was born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula of the PRK. Of course it was more conservative back then and a good number of my high school teachers were retired military. Back then, the big push was splitting Southern PRK from Northern PRK. This has gone on for years. Now, as the state has degenerated into insanity, the idea is to secede from the U.S. The idea is backed by about 25-30% of the residents. They may vote on it but even if it passes, it will never be approved. I can only tell them, as an escapee from a once great state, dream on little broomstick cowboys.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »
I hope we can all have fun with this idea, since it comes straight from Moonbeam Browns altered consciousness.

All members of the California Boy Scouts will now be known as Space Cadets, class 2.  Badges will be available for both Hemp and Mushroom horticulture.  Special Attendance Awards will be given to anyone still in the state at the time it changes to it's own country.

The entire county of San Francisco will become a designated Safe Space with mandatory attendance at nightly group singing of Kumbaya.  Transportation will be provided by community bicycle exchange circles.

I could go on like this for pages.  I too lived there in the '90's.  Expatriated to Nevada when the cost of living broke my budget.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline pqtb

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »
Who owns the water rights that california cities need to survive?   Who will control the electric grid?  What happens to all the military bases in the state? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
  The power grid is an interesting question on so many levels. The power generated by the Colorado River had been developed, starting in the 40's or 50's by the states along the Colorado who paid for the construction of the generating systems... except the PRK. They waited until the 80's and went to court to demand access to a system they had never paid to develop. You've gotta love the chutzpah.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »
But, but, but...  Californian all have solar panels on their roof and don't need to use dirty hydro power...  ;)

The military will be asked to leave, politely of course, by demonstrations and protests outside each base...  Space Cadets third class will be assigned to guard duty...

This is beginning to sound like a dystopian novel.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »
  Even thought I was raised there, I have no allegiance. Both parents and grandparents are deceased. The family homes have all be sold. Except for having to take my son to a mountain bike race on the eastern slope of the Sierras (Mammoth Mountain), I haven't even been to visit PRK since 1994. I do not know those people...
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »
My closest friends also left California at about the same time that I did.  We remain in contact.  Those who I knew, who remain in the state, have not kept in contact.

That is not to say that all Californians are the same, because I'm sure there are many who would like to either leave or change the system.  Their voices are just being drowned out and ignored by the media.

I have to laugh or I will cry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
My primary thought on this, the secession of California from the United States of America (and the other similar movements in other states such as Texas) is that no, they probably do not have much chance of doing it successfully, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY WILL NOT TRY. All it takes is them trying to create a whole plethora of problems that will require activating prepping plans.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

Offline xoruss

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »
  The alternate plan, dividing the PRK in 2 with the coastal region being in secession, must be the new plan. Unfortunately my old home would be in the area of secession.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444384/california-secession-bad-idea-division-two-states-better-idea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
I'm sure (absolutely) that the people in Northern Cal (State of Jefferson) are not in favor of leaving the USA.

I've never heard of a split which runs north-south.  But California is a little confusing, even for those who live there... ::)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline xoruss

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:00 PM »
   I have heard it split into north and south. I have heard it split 5 ways. This is the first time I have seen the coast split off but it does make sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Clay

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »
I'd glad give them the coast and keep my water. I know most of my neighbors would do the same.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions