NNPG List Of Forums > NNPG Radio Net

Post Your Topic Ideas Here

<< < (2/2)

Jerry D Young:
I had posted these in a net meeting thread, but thought I would add them here, as well, since this is the thread about possible net meeting topics.

1. Considering things currently going on in the world, is anyone significantly more worried and is it affecting your prepping if so?

2. In a similar vein, considering things currently going on in the world, are you seeing holes in your preps that you suddenly really want to fill?

3. Again, considering things currently going on in the world, have you changed your mind about what could happen or what surely will not happen?

4. Same reason... If you have had some sort of time frame in mind for something specific that might happen, has it changed?

5. Are you finding yourself re-evaluating your preps suddenly, when you were fairly happy with them recently?

6. We discussed seeing that there seem to be more people getting into prepping. Do you think that is happening even more now, and faster, with more intensity?

7. Partly related, but not entirely. The situation did make me think about it, however. What have you been putting off in your preps, for whatever reason, that have been on the back burner.

Just my opinion.

TWP:
Thanks Jerry.  I have some thoughts about this and would certainly like to see it pursued by some number of members of NNPG.

I've added my input in the quoted section below.

--- Quote from: Jerry D Young on December 03, 2017, 11:54:44 AM ---I had posted these in a net meeting thread, but thought I would add them here, as well, since this is the thread about possible net meeting topics.

1. Considering things currently going on in the world, is anyone significantly more worried and is it affecting your prepping if so?

My concern has been growing in the last six to eight months.  Partly that is due to the increase in political rhetoric coming from the new media... I try to take that with the appropriate "grain-of-salt", but I do mark a step up in anxiety.  My prepping has become more urgent and I am looking at stockpiling more of what I can afford.

2. In a similar vein, considering things currently going on in the world, are you seeing holes in your preps that you suddenly really want to fill?

Yes.  The areas are: Water, radiological protection, Medical / disease protection and "tools" (read between the lines here).

3. Again, considering things currently going on in the world, have you changed your mind about what could happen or what surely will not happen?

Over the last year, my expectations for some prepper risk factors have increased (financial failure and violence, both civil and international).  There risks which are not "anthropogenic" which are still part of the factors which drive my prepping, but my plans and preps for those are unchanged.  These later risks include CME's, asteroid impacts, earthquakes, and storms.

4. Same reason... If you have had some sort of time frame in mind for something specific that might happen, has it changed?

Re financial failure, my time frame is shortened, recently, on this, sometime in the next one to two years.  Civil "unrest" is already happening on a local scale (witness the Las Vegas and Reno (did you see that?) sniper shootings).  Personally, I am MUCH more "situational aware" when I am moving about town. 

5. Are you finding yourself re-evaluating your preps suddenly, when you were fairly happy with them recently?

Simply: Yes.

6. We discussed seeing that there seem to be more people getting into prepping. Do you think that is happening even more now, and faster, with more intensity?

I'm of mixed mind on this.  The news media is, pick one, ignoring prepping or disparaging it, depending on how it fits in the current news cycle.   I do read "alternative" news sources and they tend to contain more prepper related information.  Do either the main-stream or alternative news truthfully show a trend?  I can't say they are outright lying, but again these are organizations which follow the money...

7. Partly related, but not entirely. The situation did make me think about it, however. What have you been putting off in your preps, for whatever reason, that have been on the back burner.

Mostly upgrading my gear; better camping equipment (things I did not have before).  My transportation (bicycle) has long been a concern and I have increased the spare parts in my prepper stocks.

Just my opinion.

--- End quote ---

Jerry D Young:

I cannot remember for sure, but we may have done the following topic idea, or at least some version thereof. Here it is again, anyway.

It comes from an idea I had for either a book, a chapter in a prepping manual, a series of articles, or a set of discussions, though not necessarily on the Prepper Net.

I will leave it to you to paraphrase.

Jerry D. Young's Tips & Tricks; Hints & Kinks; Suggestions & Recommendations; Random Thoughts & Philosophical Musings; Thoughts Outside The Box & Pushes On The Envelope; Random Thoughts & Philosophical Musings; and my 'Just My Opinions" About Prepping And Life In General

I repeat, I will leave it to you to paraphrase.

Uh... dare I say... Just my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version