Home Page

Article - How to Convince Loved Ones to Prep (and When to Give Up)

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Thought provoking.  I face this same problem and have simply changed to doing prepping for two.

You may have a different approach.  Share if you can do so safely.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/how-to-convince-loved-ones-to-prep-and-when-to-give-up/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
I gave up trying to convince anyone to prep some thirty-five years ago. I would try a bit more with family, and actual loved ones, but without at least a spark of interest from the get go, I pretty much wrote them off. And still do things the same way now. All my family that is truly family know what to do. Other people that I care about I am prepared to help them, since they are trying to help themselves best they can.

Everyone else I do not give the slightest bit of consideration to trying to help, unless they get the realization, finally, that they need to do something, and give me an indication of that in some way. Then they have my help in any way I can give it without taking myself down.

My life is too important to me, and at least a few others, for me to throw it away trying to save someone not willing to try and save themselves. God helps those that help themselves. I am a long way from being a god, and that policy works just fine with me, too.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)