Home Page

(upd 5/25/18) Article - “OPSEC” (Operational Security or Operations Security)

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
This is a multi-part article and I will update this post and thread as the other part(s) become available.

GOOD ARTICLE about what, exactly, is meant by the term "OPSEC".  I use this term frequently on this forum but perhaps it means something different to other people...

Part 1)  https://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/opsec-operational-security/

Part 2)  https://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/operational-security-on-the-world-wide-web/

Please, read this article.  It will show you that our current society is NOT built around personal privacy.  Rather it is the opposite, "you're the product, not the customer".

What can you do about this?
1)  Think carefully about what you buy and how you pay for it.
2)  Think carefully about who you talk to about your life, including in particular, your prepping related life.
3)  Plan how you are going to do your prepper activities so that they don't make you stand our (grey man).
4)  DO CONSIDER changing both your behavior and your environment, like where you store your prepper stockpile.

OPSEC is intimately related to Situational Awareness.  Learn more about both, please.

There are ways to conduct your prepper life, including your acquisition of prepper related items, which leave a much smaller (non-existent?) trail pointing back at you.  The intent is to NOT create an online or offline record which points directly at you, your stockpiles and your location.  Don't give away a map to your life.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:50:55 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline TWP

Part 2 is linked in the original post.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Is there a part 3?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.

Offline TWP

I don't know for sure, the author does imply that there are more articles in the series, but...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't know for sure, the author does imply that there are more articles in the series, but...
8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.