Home Page

(upd 4/12/18) Article - How to Prepare When You’re The Only One

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
This is a multi-part article and I will update this post as the other parts become available.

The title is misleading because the author is Planning for a group effort, but feels like he is mostly alone in his efforts.

Part 1)  https://survivalblog.com/prepare-youre-one-part-1-patriotman/

Part 2)  https://survivalblog.com/prepare-youre-one-part-2-patriotman/

Part 3)  https://survivalblog.com/prepare-youre-one-part-3-patriotman/

For those who are part of a group, or who plan on being a member of a group, this article gives some ideas on how to plan for and prep for this choice.

The author (IMO) is young (mid-twenties) and show hope for the younger generations.  I wish there were more like him...

I have great sympathy for the author because he faces an extended family which ranges from may-be preppers to outright sheeple...  Some see a need to prep while others may make a last minute choice (usually too late) and other will be running in circles, screaming and shouting at the gate to be let  in.

I think this is worth reading as it will provide some ideas for you and others in your group.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:31:52 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline ken_

Re: Article - How to Prepare When You’re The Only One
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 04:22:19 PM »
I agree, his intentions are good and his heart is in the right place. If  he really thinks his biggest problem is that his family lacks experience with tools that will probably end up at the bottom of a lake after a boating accident, well...

I'm in the same situation. Just about everyone in my immediate and extended family has a bad case of normalcy bias. You should have heard the s*** storm when I brought up the idea of getting a sewing machine so we could learn how to sew.

I agree, family is a default MAG. Just be careful with OPSEC, and think about who true family is. Parents, they raised us and we owe them. Kids, well we had them so yes. Siblings? Not so sure.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:04:42 PM by ken_ »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

Re: Article - How to Prepare When You’re The Only One
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
A SEWING MACHINE????  Didn't they get classed as "sexist tools" by the snowflake media?  I'd still like to have a treadle sewing machine with spare parts.

Re family:
I understand and I've generally given up on my siblings and my parents have passed.  I can only reach out so many times before I stop trying...  I have more immediate "family" and fellow preppers, right here, who will get my assistance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline TWP

Re: (upd 4/12/18) Article - How to Prepare When You’re The Only One
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:03:39 AM »
Note: Part 3 has been posted and is linked in the original post, below.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:32:20 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions