Home Page

Mix our own livestock feeds

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Mix our own livestock feeds
« on: March 21, 2017, 06:03:20 PM »
I'm not a proponent or opponent of the whole GMO argument, but this article discusses how to avoid commercial feeds which frequently contain GMO ingredients.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/how-to-2/dirt-cheap-non-gmo-livestock-feed-yes/

I post this more for the idea, which needs fleshing with actual mixing and blending instructions.  You'll have to find that yourself.

In a crisis, those who have livestock will need to know how to make their own feed stock...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Re: Mix our own livestock feeds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:46:15 AM »
This goes for pets also.  I know 230 has several articles on making your own dog food.  But back to the original point.  Chickens can free range for the majority of their feed, so can cows, goats and horses.  But rabbits I fore see a problem.  The occasional pig I raise won't be that much of a problem unless I try to raise more than one a year.

One of the more forgotten possible sources of meat that is total self sufficient is young pigeon.  Pigeons if you set them up now, would be a source of at least some meat.  They can be set up in a loft or attic now (or bird type house in the yard) let them get established before hand they will feed and water them selves.

Just a thought
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions