Home Page

Salt, Sugar and Sleep

Offline 230gr

Salt, Sugar and Sleep
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »

My brother, Dr. Mike, says that this works amazing well for him. By using just 2 small pinched and slept longer than he had in years. I have found that it does help me get back to sleep when I wake up at night. While normally I do not use added salt or sugar, a pinch or two during the night does not seem be a problem.
If you have this problem, give this a try.

Salt, Sugar and Sleep
The combination of sugar and salt has great effect on your health: the proper amounts of this combination can provide a good sleep. Sugar and salt act as “batteries” for your cells: glucose provides direct fuel supply to the mitochondria, and the balance of sodium in the interstitial fluid provides proper cellular respiration and production of energy.
Both foods are strong nutritious tools that will help you manage stress:
•   Sugar signals your body to stop the production of stress hormones that affect your metabolism and keep you awake at night.
•   Salt is also important for the maintenance of the homeostatic conditions in which adrenaline does not go out of control.
These nutrients can help you relieve stress and sugar does not cause hyperactivity when used in this therapeutic remedy. If you often wake up between 2 and 4 am, this combination of sugar and salt can help you sleep or get back to sleep.
Recipe
One part of salt to 5 parts of sugar.
Preferably, use unrefined sea salt and raw sugar but, if you do not them, regular salt and sugar will do.
Keep the mixture in a jar and take a pinch of the mixture placed under your tongue before bed or when you wake up during the night.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Salt, Sugar and Sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 05:11:27 AM »
My wife taken melatonin (I think) to sleep at night I will have to get her to try this.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 230gr

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
Melatonin is good to get you sleepy enough to drift off especially on those nights then your brain won't shut down but not for getting you back to sleep if wake up later after a few hours. If you take a second pill, it will get you back to sleep again but, very often, it does not ware off completely when you get up. Then you can look forward to being in zombie mode for the next few hours.  Sugar-salt does not have this effect.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 03:00:54 AM »
Well just a quick up date, my wife has problems with getting good restful sleep.  I partially attribute this to having 6 kids.  Anyway she has been using sugar (raw) and salt (sea salt) for two night and she reports she has gotten much more sleep than normal, with out taking melatonin.  My daughter did try it also with similar results.

This is a good thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 230gr

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
Oh good! It doesn't work for everyone but it does for my family. Sleep is going to be a major problem SHTF (tension, strange environment, etc) and I am hoping this helps others. Something to file away in you prep notes, IMO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions