Chat from the 02/15/23 nnpg.net prepper net

Nnpg.net Amateur Radio Prepper Net chat from 02/15/23

K7CD
"Get The Hell Out Of There" - Ohio's Apocalyptic Chemical Disaster Rages On

K7CD
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ohios-apocalyptic-chemical-disaster-rages

[size=0pt]"Get The Hell Out Of There" - Ohio's Apocal...[/size][/b]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate f...[/size]
[/size]K7CDWatch: East Palestine Officials Hold Meeting With Frustrated Residents[size=0pt]

[/size]K7CDhttps://www.zerohedge.com/political/ohio-chernobyl-east-palestine-town-hall-scrapped-after-residents-report-health-problems[size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]'Ohio Chernobyl': East Palestine Town Hall Scrap...[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate f...[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJHi everyone.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJHey David, did you get your ham shack moved?[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWNo...it will be at least this weekend before I can start.[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWPossible Questions...#1 With Valentines Day yesterday, how has the significant other in your life added to your ability to be prepared.[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWPossible Question #2 - What are some of the prepping errors/mistakes you've made that you are willing to share so others can learn from your mistakes.[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWYour thoughts Ken[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWHi everyone...your thoughts too[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJI like #2[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWSHould I offer both?[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Howdy all[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJ#1 has something to do with partnership and sharing in the efforts to become better prepared. Am I right?[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJHi Keith![size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWYes[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70How you doing down there?[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWI can discuss/tout a store that I have no interest in as net control...correct?[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJPerhaps re-word it a bit? I don't know. Maybe you don't need to. But yes, I like both.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJYes if you don't get into prices or a hard-sell.[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWGREAT[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJWe can say stuff like "Walmart has a great price on eggs!"[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWOK...not an issue.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70My eggs are cheaper than yours I bet.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJBut we can't say, "Call me to set up egg delivery because I'll make you a deal."[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWOK, but I need eggs...I like scrambled, poached, fried, sunny side up and over easy...Help![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJI have neighbors who like me and keep giving me eggs. What can I say?[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I collect about a dozen eggs per day.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJDavid - K7DWWSomeone likes YOU? ??? ??[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJDeborahHi Ken, David, and Keith! Hi Paul, Rich and Curious![size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWHi Deborah...everyone[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Hey Debroah[size=0pt]

[/size]Curious CivilianHello everyone![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJHi[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahHey Keith, Ralph is talking about getting chickens when we get where we are going. Any advice?[size=0pt]

[/size]Curious CivilianWhy am i showing up as Curious Civilian?? this is kristin kk7con[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWHey Kristin[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJHi Kristin. Did you make yourself a [size=0pt][/size]login?[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJIf so, click the pancake menu and choose [size=0pt][/size]Login[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I like Bardrocks, but have some other varities also. Mainly go for calm, high egg productions, hardy, self foraging, tolerate cold.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Also depends if you are going to keep them penned or let them free range. Mine are free range at day and locked up at night.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I have a light on in the coop for light and heat. The light also attracts them to the coop as the sun goes down. They also will follow a bright flashlight if you shine it in front of them.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- Kristinok Im in!![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJYAY !![size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahHi Kristin[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinI got logged out for some reason.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahJerry's here! Hi Jerry[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinHi Jerry!![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXDeborah, you guys might check into Indian Red Jungle Fowl, especially if you plan to do much free range down there. They are pretty much the primary root stock for all modern chickens and are still raised for their primary features. Not the best at any one thing, other than survival.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXHey, Kristin.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXI have heard of CalRanch. Seen some of their ads on YouTube Videos.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahSo Keith, are those Indians good layers?[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahCal Ranch is a california version of Big R[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinCal ranch is awesome! We have one in Carson City. They have cool gardening gear![size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70What kind of egg production do the Indians[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXDeborah, that was me mentioning the Indian Reds. Everything I have seen about them indicate that they are kind of mid-range in all facets of chickendom. With survival on their own way up there.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70What kind of egg production do you get from the Indian Reds?[size=0pt]

[/size]Deborah[size=0pt]
[/size]Idaho70[size=0pt][/size] What kind of egg production do the Indians[size=0pt][/size]yes, that's my question[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXI will have to look it up again. When I find my research I will post it on the nnpg.net forum.[size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group - Home[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/color]
[/size][size=0pt]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group[/size]
[/size]K7KKXKilo Seven Kilo Kilo X-ray checking in via the chat room.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahOh, thanks Jerry[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXBiggest mistake(s) I have made have been failures to take advantage of opportunities when they came around. I have a tendency to try and find the 'perfect' whatever it is and that means not taking advantage of something when I could, hoping to get something better. And it seems that even if things do come along that might be better, there is always something that makes me believe that I should have taken advantage of the first opportunity.[size=0pt]

[/size]Calm CharacterK6ST Barry listening to the net[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Deborah, if you get chickens keep bringing new chickens into the flock each year. It takes 5-6 months before they produce eggs and after about 2 years their egg production begins to decline. Also, only need one good rooster for the flock. 2 or more and they fight. Roosters watch the sky while the hens keep their heads down to the ground.[size=0pt]

[/size]Calm CharacterListening[size=0pt]

[/size]K7IN - PaulHow are you feeling, Barry? I hope you're lots better.[size=0pt]

[/size]KJ7BRZ RalphWe sold our house inspection was today did well, nothing big. We are off to Alabama around the 9th of next month. i sure hope there is a cool group like this one there.[size=0pt]

[/size]Calm CharacterThanks Paul, recovering through Covid day 9 now[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahGlad you are feeling better Barry[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70they love dried mealworms to eat. Good protein, but too expensive to regularily feed them. However, if I want to gather them quickly I just shout Here chick, chick and throw the worms out on the ground and they come running from every where. What sound you make is irrelevant, just make the same sound every time you throw the worms out. Train them.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJRalph and Deborah, you will be missed so much. You are both a huge asset and I have to say thanks for all you provided to our group.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Deborah, did you guys sell your house?[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahThanks Ken, we will miss you all terribly[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahYes Keith. Ralph posted it above.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXOkay. First thing I found was fair to good medium size (usually) colored eggs.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXStill struggling some, but safe and sound. Tired.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I second that, will miss you a lot. But you can still do the net, just have to stay up later.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXRalph, there is no group anywhere as cool as this one![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJDeb, we can still do HF after you move ![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXBe careful on the trip. Do not want to have trouble now that the deal is made.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXI sure am glad David did not ask for all the mistakes I have made. We would be here for days.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahAgreed Jerry. This is the coolest group I know. We are planning our route and making all the arrangements for the trip out there.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJWe did a net on mistakes:[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJMarch 8, 2017 - We Shared Some Past Mistakes We Have Made In Prepping[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXDoes anyone know when the LDS Church at the north end of Rock Road just across North McCarren has their prepping event this year?[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJhttp://nnpg.net/030817_radio.shtml[size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group - Radio Net Archive[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/color]
[/size]Idaho70On your chickens you may want to talk some people back there. The environment may be just enough from here that another breed may be better suited. The Bardrocks produce large brown eggs around 200+ per year. But they are not broody. If you want to raise chicks by a hen look for a breed that is a good brooder.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXThat is one of the things I like about the Indian Reds. Plus they are friendly birds. They do take good care of themselves when out and about, being known to drive off some pretty significant predators.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinI have printed the LDS Preparedness manual for free. Pots of great info in it![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXKristin, I have dozens of articles about all types of prepping subjects. Many of them are already up on nnpg.net in the forums, but if there is anything in particular I might help with just let me know. I have updated many of the articles over the last two years.[size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group - Home[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/color]
[/size]K7KKXMight ask Deborah, too. She has done some great information handouts.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXThose are the best kinds of friends![size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXI have some like that. Even when I had the money they would not take it when I was in the hospital for so long.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahThanks Jerry. Kristin, anything I can help with I will.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXWhen you think about it, as humans were evolving into what we are now every minute of every day was based on prepping. No prepping and you did not make it. Or your family did not.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70One last thing Deborah. There are egg producing breeds and then there are meat birds so you need to decide which or both to have.[size=0pt]

[/size]David - K7DWWDeborah...are you going to recap the chat room or is it necessary tonight?[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXFall is good.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahI will David[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinI am still learning everyday. I appreciate all the great information.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Idaho70We are going to lose our Chat Room Godess.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJWell, we could ALL MOVE to bama..... Problem solved.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I am staying in Idaho.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinWe miss you Jerry!![size=0pt]

[/size]Calm CharacterGood night all[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinWe will miss you too Deborah!! Good luck on your new adventure.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- Kristinhttps://www.emergencyprepper.xyz/calendar-of-prepper-events?loxi_pathname=%2Flist%2Ffuture%2F1[size=0pt]
[/size][size=0pt]waHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZW1lcmdlbmN5cHJlcHBlci54eXovY2FsZW5kYXItb2YtcHJlcHBlci1ldmVudHM/bG94aV9wYXRobmFtZT0lMkZsaXN0JTJGZnV0dXJlJTJGMQ==[/size]
[/size][size=0pt]
[/color]
[/size][size=0pt]Emergency Prepper, Your Source For Disaster Pre...[/size]
[/size]Calm Characteraka k6st Barry[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJGood night everyone.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXI will ask a couple of my LDS friends in Reno if they know yet and let people know.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KBJ73[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinThis is the LDS group in Reno. There are different classes listed.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXThank you everyone. Good night until next Wednesday.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahNight Y'all[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXThank you, Kristin.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahNight Jerry[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinGood night![size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I am very happy for you and Ralph for selling your house..[size=0pt]

[/size]K7IN - PaulI would sell out and move to Alabama in a heartbeat but, my wife can't handle high humidity and heat, and hates the bugs even more... But, what's left of my family is in Reno and So. Calif. so, here we'll stay for the time being.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinAlmost all classes are held from 7-8:30pm on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at the Eagle Canyon Building.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70You will have a great adventure ahead of you. We did and still do when we moved to Idaho.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahHey Kristin, shoot me an email @dbrazil1414@gmail.com. I have some stuff you can do with your grandkids.[size=0pt]

[/size]Deborah[size=0pt]
[/size]K7IN - Paul[size=0pt][/size] I would sell out and move to Alabama in a heartbeat but, my wife can't handle high humidity and heat, and hates the bugs even more... But, what's left of my family is in Reno and So. Calif. so, here we'll stay for the time being....[size=0pt][/size]At least we can still talk here in the chat after we move. thanks for the thought Paul[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70If Ken gets the HF going you could call in on that.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahYes Keith, an Adventure awaits. I am glad we have your example to follow. [size=0pt]
(smile)[/size][size=0pt]

[/size][size=0pt]KK7CON- Kristin[/size]Ok Deborah! I just sent you an email. Thanks![size=0pt]

[/size]K7IN - PaulThanks, Deb. Yes, you can connect with everyone here each week. :) [size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Now that I do not know if that is a good example. But we have really had fun up here and I am certain you will love it back there. Do you have property back there now or waiting until you get back there to find something.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70As someone told us today Idaho is a FREE COUNTRY and they intend to keep it that way.[size=0pt]

[/size]Deborahwaiting until we get there but already talking to a realtor.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahLove that Keith[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70That will be the best way. What kind of place are you looking for.[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Yea, we take that statement very seriously.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7IN - PaulDeb - You will need to work on your 'Bama accent too! [size=0pt]
(wink)[/size][size=0pt]

[/size][size=0pt]K7KKX[/size]She will not have any trouble with that accent! She is not that far off as iit is. lol[size=0pt]

[/size]Deborahabout the same size. wooded if possible. no HOA. close to my girl in Marbury. garage or at least carport. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahOMGs Jerry You can always make me smile Love[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXGood. I think. Unless you are saying I am just laughable. lol[size=0pt]

[/size]K7KKXOkay. Long day. Time for my meds and bed.[size=0pt]

[/size]K7IN - PaulSee y'all next week.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahNo, just a very dear friend[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahSee ya Paul[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70Ya'll will have to git yer deer stand up n ready ta hunt.[size=0pt]

[/size]KK7CON- KristinGood night!![size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahNight Kristin.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahYup, Ralph has his bow already to go and my son in law is going to take him[size=0pt]

[/size]Idaho70I am not a bow hunter, but getting more interested in trying. Back there you hunt with a rifled shotgun, so you do not shoot your neighbor.[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahIt's going to be fun[size=0pt]

[/size]DeborahNight Keith. We will talk again next week. Have a good one. [size=0pt]
(wave)[/size][size=0pt]

[/size][size=0pt]Idaho70[/size]Good night.[size=0pt]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)