Home Page

Prepper Radio Net Chat 02/08/23

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Prepper Radio Net Chat 02/08/23
« on: February 10, 2023, 10:23:29 AM »
Here is a copy of the chat from the Preppers' Radio Net on February 8, 2023.

K7KBJ
Possible question for the net:What advice would you give a person who lives paycheck to paycheck and feels guilty about being unable to prepare?...

David - K7DWW
Possible Question #1 - What has become your favorite gadget?

K7KBJ

David - K7DWW
Possible Question #2 - To you what is the difference between Self-reliance and Self sufficenty

K7KBJ
The difference between self reliance and self sufficiency is a healthy collection of gadgets.

K7IN - Paul
You can always buy easy-to-store food items every payday, even if it is just a few dollars. I think there is a list that gives suggestions for such an endeavor. If you don't 'buy' something, commit to putting the money away so you can afford something on your list on the next payday. If I find the list in my library, I will post it.

David - K7DWW
Possible Question #3 - If, for example we had a seriously big earthquake and your house was leveled...would you still bug in - what would you use for shelter.

David - K7DWW
Possible Question #4 - Is Ken mentally challenged?

David - K7DWW
Question #4 would generate the most discussion, but will one o fthese work for you tonight?

K7KBJ
I am challenged mentally because I cannot remember where I parked my star ship. I AM NOT of this planet.

David - K7DWW
Now it all makes sense

David - K7DWW
Good evening everyone...

KK7CON- Kristin
Hello everyone!

David - K7DWW
Ken...are you ok with one of the questions?

K7KBJ
Yes but there are so many. Pick one

David - K7DWW
Ken...BTW...Tom (in my development & your TRT station mate) is NOT interested in becoming another net control station.

K7KBJ
David. I am going to call on you just before check ins to state the question. Then check ins will happen. You will not have to check in and I will call you first.

David - K7DWW
I like #3 and #1

K7KBJ
QSL RE: Tom

K7KBJ
Which number is assigned to my question?

K7KBJ
Which number is assigned to my question?

Idaho70

David - K7DWW
????

K7IN - Paul
Here's a good prep guide for budgets...

K7KBJ
Did David see my question?

David - K7DWW
No

K7KBJ
Please scroll all the way to the top.

David - K7DWW
Best question...How about we go with your question AND $3

David - K7DWW

K7KBJ
I am OK with whatever you announce.

David - K7DWW
K

K7KBJ
Regarding the person who prompted me to post my question.... the family actually has a negative every month so cannot put away any money. Their credit burden increases monthly.

K7KBJ
This situation is becoming more prevalent.

Idaho70
You are correct, this money problem is becoming a major issue for many people.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
you guys crack me up. and I have no sense of humor

David - K7DWW
Hi Jerry

K7IN - Paul
Sorry, the link didn't show up. Here it is... [font=Varela Round !important]https://ezprepping.com/prepping-on-a-budget/[/font][font=Varela Round !important]

404 Not Found
https://ezprepping.com/prepping-on-a-budget/[/font]

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Hey David. Hey all.

K7IN - Paul
Ignore the 404 Not Found, the link above that is valid.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Well, the website show the repeater was linked, but I im not getting anything.

David - K7DWW
Thanks Paul

David - K7DWW
Looks like good one

Deborah
Hi Everyone!

K7KBJ
HI everyone

Idaho70
Hello Deborah

Deborah
Hi Keith

Idaho70
Negative income the first idea I have is for them to barter IF they have anything to barter with. Identify exactly what they want to prep for and what exactly do they need to prep for that situation.

Deborah
The best preps cost nothing but time. Learn skills, gain knowledge.

Idaho70
Knowledge certainly is an excellent way to prep and it requires little or no physical space to store.

Idaho70
However, just knowledge will not put food on the table or protect you from the elements without some tools/gear to implement.

Deborah
True but it's a good start. Learning new skills can be a way to make more money or be able to "put something by"

K7KBJ
Jerry, Virginia peak won't be back on line until about April. They don't keep the website updated re: the state of the repeaters.

Deborah
Learning how to preserve food means you can buy fresh, which means you get more for the same cost.

Deborah
Aw Jerry, I miss hearing you.

Idaho70
That also allows you to buy during the growing season when the price is the lowest. Also buy direct from the producer, especially small part-time growers. They often sell less than a store. Buy a lot and preserve.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Thank you, Ken.

Deborah
Idaho70That also allows you to buy during the growing season when the price is the lowest. Also buy direct from the producer, especially small part-time growers. They often sell less than a store. Buy a lot and preserve.EXACTLY

Idaho70
Deborah, I really like your networking idea. You provide the knowledge and partner with people who have stuff and go together. More people working together increases the chances of survival.

Deborah
That's why I love this group. And the others I am part of. Community makes a world of difference.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
My thought on the advice question. I have an article I wll post to [font=Varela Round !important]nnpg.net[/font] forums on starting out with very little and a tight budget.[font=Varela Round !important]

The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group - Home
The Northern Nevada Prepper's Group[/font]

Idaho70
Community may very well be the difference between living and dying.

Deborah
K7KKX - Jerry D YoungMy thought on the advice question. I have an article I wll post to nnpg.net forums on starting out with very little and a tight budget.
[/size][size=0px](grinning)[/size]

KK7CON- Kristin
Meeting like minded people is key. I have learned so much great information on this net and at Prepper field day. When is the summer prepper field day??

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Mainly thought it is to sit down start a plan and put a budget to it. Even if it is a dollar here and there, you can get started. The second part is to set your priorites, based on your personal situation, finances, family situation, and everything else.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
What is the second question??

Deborah
KK7CON- KristinMeeting like minded people is key. I have learned so much great information on this net and at Prepper field day. When is the summer prepper field day??...Field day is the last weekend in June.

K7KBJ
Kristin, summer field day date not yet established. Keep in touch.

Idaho70
A person may also be able to trade working for someone for some type of prepping need. Physical labor bartering.

Deborah
2nd question was about if your house is destroyed by a quake, can you still "bug in"?

Idaho70
I am staying here. I have stuff in several places and I can stay in a tent or one of my other buildings or my RV.

Deborah
Keith, another 'trade' could be child care for cooking

K7KBJ
Today I read that earthquake in Turkey / Syria was predicted 3 days ahead of time.

Idaho70
My first read was I thought you were going to offer child labor, but your idea is much better.

Intelligent Character
Sorry no one could hear me. I'll just listen. Renay (KJ6DHG). Too cold to sit in the Jeep, trying to reach out via a Baofeng from Fallon but not going well.

Idaho70
Who predicted that, since I have only heard they may put out a warning about 30 seconds to areas beyond the initial quake.

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Oh, yes. I have my camping gear, pluss additional gear to help me get through all the additional problems that could/would arise. And, like David, I have gear in my truck that would get me through untl I set up camp.Though I cannot set up where I am, I am near my brother's place, plus there are large open areas very close to me where I can set up. I have what I need to set up security, too.

Deborah
You crack me up Keith

Idaho70

Idaho70
Whatever it takes.

David - K7DWW
Night everyone...until next week, have a TERRIFIC week!

KJ6DHG
That would be great!

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
I do still need to scope out potential fallout shelter space here in Winnemucca, though I do have a couple of options that are not great but are better than nothing.

K7KBJ
HAHAHA

K7KBJ
Good night

KK7CON- Kristin
Renay keep trying!! That happened to me I listened online while I was trying to get my radio up and running! Ken helped me out with that! Thanks Ken!

K7KKX - Jerry D Young
Good night everyone.

K7KBJ
You're welcome !

Deborah
Renay, glad you could at least listen. Coming into the chat you get a lot more info than we broadcast. Hope you can join again next week.

K7KBJ
Renay, you might do better when the Virginia peak repeater comes back on line. That is the 147.030 machine.

KJ6DHG

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](wave)[/size]

KK7CON- Kristin
Ohh man this net is never as long as I would like it..

Deborah
Hey Keith, we had 3 showings last week and 3 more this week, including a 7pm one tomorrow.

Deborah
No Kristin, it never is long enough.

Idaho70
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](smile)[/size]

KJ6DHG
yeah, that 30 min goes by fast. I'm in the middle of studying for my General. I told myself no new HF radio until you pass. Been putting it off. I am wanting to get the radio to set up in my sewing room. no more going to the Jeep when it's cold to get on nets.

Idaho70
I agree, with a good question it could go much longer.

KK7CON- Kristin
lol I have my radio set up in my sewing room too!!

Deborah
Sometimes we go much longer just because we 'chew the fat' here in chat Keith.

Idaho70
That is not a problem for me since I cannot get in from Idaho.

KJ6DHG

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](lol)[/size]

Deborah
Not quite a day trip right Keith?

Deborah

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](grinning)[/size]

Idaho70
And that is the best time, since we know sooooooooooo much stuff.

Deborah
yup

Idaho70
Takes me two days to get down to do the TRT in July with David.

Idaho70
Long drives both days.

KJ6DHG
KK7CON- Kristinlol I have my radio set up in my sewing room too!!...It's a spare bedroom(small) that I declared my sewing room but plan on setting up a couple of radios in it.

Deborah
Kristin and Renay, please be sure to check out the forum. There is a wealth of info there on every possible subject related to prepping and radio.

KJ6DHG

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](smile)[/size]

Idaho70
And a lot of that drive is boooorrrrrriiiiinnnngggg looking just a sagebrush

KK7CON- Kristin
Yes!! the information here is fabulous!

Deborah
very long drive Keith. glad you come out though.

Idaho70
It is a lot of fun. The Tunnel group is very outgoing and they consider us just part of their group.

Deborah
Cool

Idaho70
Of course I have been doing that site for longer than some of their volunteers. They really appreciate the information the hams provide.. Expeciallyj a couple of years ago when the fires were going on everywhere.

Deborah
So Keith, remember me saying I set up PenPals with some of the grands? I already got and sent 2 letters. Made my day

Deborah
Any community/event/ group that has your help is very lucky.

Idaho70
That is really great. So you have some communication with them.

Deborah
Yup.

Deborah
They even drew me pictures.

Idaho70
Bet they are on the Frig.

Deborah
And the total number of grands is now 14

Deborah
Emmelia Moyra made her arrival on the fourth of February

Deborah
Actually, the visor in the car

Idaho70
Some one knows how to multiple. I only have 5 and 2 of them are in college.

Deborah
Oldest 2 are 15 and 16

Deborah
one in Bama and the other in Winnemucca

Idaho70
I love them especially when they are babies. My kids always remark that I can take a baby crying and they will almost immediately quiet down. I miss that.

Deborah
me too. haven't got to meet her yet

Idaho70
Will you be close to the one in Bama

Deborah
Yup, all three of them will be no more than half an hour away.

KK7CON- Kristin
Goodnight folks!

Deborah
night Kristin. See you next week

Deborah
unfortunately, the 2 with the loser parents are still being kept from us.

Idaho70
That is a bummer. In my house as my kids grew up I never knew how many kids would be there for the night. We were kind of a safe house. I have a number of grandkids by proxy since we were the only stable family they knew.

Idaho70
I do not know why people want to weaponize their children and prevent them from knowing their grandparents.

Deborah
I was the same when my daughters were young. I often joke that I raised 3, got a son with the second marriage and had about 300 that called me mom. Now it's 300 that say grandma

Deborah
Their step-dad is trying to eliminate us from their lives. He is trying to have our son's rights stripped so he can adopt them. If he does that, we may never see them again.

Idaho70
One girl who stayed with us for about a year got pregnant after she moved out and Judy told me she was afraid to tell me. We were sitting in the living room when I asked her when I would get to hold her baby. She started crying.

Idaho70
How can he do that.

Deborah
by lying to the courts

Deborah
the same way he regained custody from the other grandparents.

Idaho70
My oldest daughter's ex is the same kind of rat.

Idaho70
What a controlling freak. Makes you kind of yearn for those olden years when a problem could be taken care of quickly and quietly.

Deborah
I wish we could take all the "rats" and drowned them in a lithium mine.

Deborah
and when family meant something

Idaho70
AOC would get mad if you fouled up one of her beloved lithium batteries.

Deborah
Alright my friend, I am going crosseyed so I'll say goodnight.

Deborah

[/color]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px][/color](lol)[/size]

Deborah
Stay safe, warm, and dry. Take care

Idaho70
My grandkids love to hear stories about my Dad and his Dad and their adventures. My Dad grew up on a 20,000 acre ranch and broke his first horse when he was 7 and it broke his first bone.

Deborah
wow

Deborah
that's a LOT of land

Idaho70
Goodnight and good luck with the showing. My Daddy was a real cowboy, caught wild mustangs in Nevada and brought them home. My Grandfather was a real businessman.

Idaho70
Lots of stories from those days.

Deborah
Thanks. Night night

Idaho70
Good night.

K7CD
How did a seismologist predict the Turkey earthquake 3 days earlier? Published: FEBRUARY 8, 2023 12:24 [font=Varela Round !important]https://m.jpost.com/international/article-730932[/font][font=Varela Round !important]

How did a seismologist predict the Turkey earthquake 3 day...
A Dutch researcher predicted that an earthquake would hit ...[/font]

K7CD
Californians pouring into Nevada. Not everyone happy about it...

K7CD
/

K7CD
February 9, 2023

K7CD
/

K7CD
[font=Varela Round !important]https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/californians-are-pouring-into-nevada-not-everyone-is-happy-about-it/ar-AA17hxqF[/font][font=Varela Round !important]

无法找到页面 - MSN 中文网
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/californians-ar...[/font]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)