Home Page

Frugal Squirrel's Part Trois

Frugal Squirrel's Part Trois
« on: September 04, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »
I know a few here have in the past been active members on Frugal's so thought this might be of interest.

Frugal's is under its third owner now. Frugal himself has retired as it were and sold the forums last year. The new owner has just announced the re-opening of the Fiction Forum, which the former Frugal (John) has deleted because he doesn't like fiction.

The guidelines for the new forum are simple - no characters living or deceased (usual disclaimer there) and keep it family friendly, i.e. no blatant sex scenes, no adult language you wouldn't use in front of your kids (hopefully).

Personally, I find myself both entertained and instructed by properly done prepper fiction, and miss the good ol' days when it was widely offered. Alas, TOM and Flea taxi have passed on and others have drifted in the wind.

Which reminds me, I haven't seen any new releases, Jerry. I am running out even though I savor them and hold off finishing them all lest I run out altogether.

RR
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Frugal Squirrel's Part Trois
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »
Thank you, RR. Working on Dark Times - Part 2.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 06:37:36 PM »
I haven't been on Frugal Forums in a long, long time.

I remember reading "Lights Out" by HalfFast back when it was freeware internet fiction.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 11:22:31 AM »
So do I. After reading it and some of TOM's and Fleataxi's stuff, plus a few more, I decided to right Percy's Mission. That was the start of my Prep/PAW fiction writing and people being able to read it. I had been writing for years, and even published two stories through a vanity publisher, but none of the Prep/PAW stories I had going.

It is a shame the way the forum went there right before I left. It is the reason I left.

Just my opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 11:47:05 AM »
Understand, sir, and I was one of those who watched very quietly for years because of the overall tone of things.

Hangfire hasn't been there since April last year. He was a rather heavy-handed admin and I have no clue as to what happened with him. John recovered from some serious medical issues enough to come around again but I think time convinced him he needed to concentrate on other things. He sold the forum lock, stock and barrel and seldom checks in.

The new owner is a vet and a homesteader and strongly oriented towards such areas. Younger family man. Younger than us any way. Good fellow. New policy is all copyright remains with the original authors. Board does not own the stories.

RR
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions