Home Page

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs: how frying food could be altering the weather

Offline 230gr

CO2 was not bad enough, now it is frying foods?

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs: how frying food could be altering the weather

Chemists at the universities of Reading, Bristol and Bath have discovered that when droplets of cooking fat are released into the atmosphere they form complex structures which attract moisture and form into clouds.In fact, the effect is so large it could even have a cooling effect on the planet, and potentially slow down global warming.

“I think it could be having an impact on cloud formation,” said Dr Christian Pfrang, Associate Professor of Physical and Atmospheric Chemistry at the University of Reading.
“The idea that this may also be happening in the air above our heads is exciting, and raises challenges in understanding what these cooking fats are really doing to the world around us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/23/cloudy-chance-meatballs-frying-food-could-altering-weather/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Chemists at the universities of Reading, Bristol and Bath have discovered that when droplets of cooking fat are released into the atmosphere they form complex structures which attract moisture and form into clouds.In fact, the effect is so large it could even have a cooling effect on the planet, and potentially slow down global warming.

Ok, it's time for some outdoor BBQ, Chicken and Ribs to save the planet.
Oh,, wait... Last decade it was an approaching ice age.  Did people suddenly start frying more?

Seriously, the conflicting claims on "climate change" (up or down) is not helping either side.  I still just call it "weather".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

I still just call it "weather".

Earth and sun cycles determine the climate changes, we are just along for the ride.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
And a bumpy ride it is, at times.

Also cold.

Wet.

Hot.

Dry.

Freezing.

Burning.

Windy.

Still.

Scarey.

And every few centuries, it is kind of nice. For ten, twelve minutes or so.

Just my snarky opinion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)