Home Page

Sheepdog Analogy

Offline 230gr

Sheepdog Analogy
« on: November 28, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
Good article & thought provoking especially in light of the recent church shootings.

Sheepdog Analogy
“One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: ‘Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident…’

“‘Then there are the wolves,’ the old war veteran said, ‘and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.’ Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

“‘Then there are sheepdogs,’ he went on, ‘and I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.’

“If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed….

https://www.newsmax.com/JohnCylc/sheepdog-second-amendment-gun-rights/2017/11/27/id/828269/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Sheepdog Analogy
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:29:23 AM »
During my life, I am or have been:
A volunteer FFighter
A volunteer Medical 1st Responder
A member of a Search and Rescue Team
A field and hospital Medic
A FFighter/Paramedic/Rescue
A Master Peace Officer certified Reserve Deputy
An armed citizen with limited 1st aid capability.

To give you an idea when it started, the first time Dad said for me to go with him when the VFD Fire Siren went off.  He told me to do whatever the guy running the fire Engine said.  The guy notice grass burning towards the barn, he had me use the booster line to put it out.  That was the first time I ever did something to help protect the flock. 

I was in the fourth grade.

Now you understand my signature line.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.