Home Page

Naked, barking people rampage through a stunned small town

Offline 230gr

« on: November 13, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
New to me, alpha-PVP or flakka is a white or pink, foul-smelling crystalline that can be eaten, snorted, injected, or vaporized. What ever happened to the simple things like Jimpson weed tea? At least it was organic!

Last weekend got downright bizarre in the eastern Missouri town of Sullivan, and police say they know why.

Four people went on a rampage, barking and yelling, breaking into buildings, even stripping off their clothes and showering in soda water, police say. They suspect the synthetic drug flakka is behind the behavior.

“We had multiple incidents this past weekend of people on some kind of substance acting out of their minds,” Sullivan Police Lt. Patrick Johnson told the Sullivan Independent News. “Barking like dogs, running up and down the street, or other farm animals, entering people’s homes, breaking into a business, yelling outside of local businesses.”

he drugs have not yet been tested, but police believe the users mixed methamphetamine with flakka, a manmade drug that has caused strange behavior in other places.

Last year, The Star reported that flakka was hitting hard in Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and other parts of the country and that police were worried that it would spread to Missouri and Kansas City. It was causing a rash of emergency room visits and overdose deaths.

In one highly publicized Florida case, a man reportedly high on flakka gnawed on and disfigured another man’s face before he was shot to death by police. Another user tried to break down the door of a police station in Fort Lauderdale, and a few weeks later, a man impaled himself while trying to climb a fence around the same station.

Also known as alpha-PVP, flakka has a similar chemical makeup to other drugs commonly known as “bath salts,” according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

It typically comes in a white or pink crystalline form and is foul-smelling. It can be eaten, snorted, injected, or vaporized in an electronic cigarette device, according to the national institute, which has included flakka on a list of emerging trends.

Sullivan, a town of about 7,000 residents, is 70 miles southwest of St. Louis.

“My dad came in Saturday morning ready to open the place (up) and noticed that the doors by the machine area were opened up and came in and noticed one of our cash registers was knocked over on the floor,” Alec Ockrassa, general manager of Sullivan Bowl, told KSDK. The suspects took more than a thousand dollars from the business, Ockrassa said.

He said the incidents over the weekend had community members buzzing, stunned by what happened.

“Shocked, really caught off guard,” he said. “Some are scared, some are just surprised something like this is happening here. For the most part it’s a really quiet town.”

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article184255328.html
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Naked, barking people rampage through a stunned small town
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
Are these folks suffering from a deficiency of elemental metals?

They come by my house like that and I will resolve the deficiency with multiple high speed injections of a combination of zinc, copper, and lead.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:05:08 PM by WolfBrother »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WolfBrother

Most folks are happy being a part of the Great Shepherds Flock.
Some folks choose to be wolves and prey on the flock.
Some folks choose to defend the flock and confront the wolf.

I am a SheepDog.

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »
And, as preppers, what are our options with respect to this?   I means aside from the obvious "don't ingest those things"...

Is there a means to identify where / when this problem will arise?

Who is now behaving in this manner?

I'll point out that many of our current prepping plans might be effective for protection during such an event.  Do you have a "safe space" (sorry, that has a double meaning today) where you can shelter?  Is your home capable of being locked down to prevent most invaders (door and window bars, etc.)?

I'm trying NOT to use scare tactics, because fear makes you less able to thing clearly when you need it most.

Ask yourself how you would respond.  This falls in the Civil Disorder category of threat events and we have discussed it before, here.

Review your plans and make adjustments if you find they have weak points.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
“Barking like dogs, running up and down the street, or other farm animals, entering people’s homes, breaking into a business, yelling outside of local businesses.”

Up until entering homes and businesses, I would let the police and guys with oversize butterfly nets handle this. After that, it is time for non-lethal defence (pepper spray to rubber buckshot) backed by lethal defence. 

high on flakka gnawed on and disfigured another man’s face before he was shot to death by police.

Now is the time to bring out lethal defence.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions