Home Page

The Only Metal Trump Wants More Than Gold

Offline 230gr

« on: May 23, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »
Maybe we should save those zinc pennies after all! I have some to go with my copper ones (potential battery material) but they may be worth having for their metal content.
Just a thought.

If you’re looking for the tightest supply picture on the commodities scene, look no further than one base metal that is set for the biggest bull run of the decade. It’s essential to everything we build on this planet, yet we don’t have enough and the demand surge will be massive.
t started in 2016, but this year will be the ‘pinch point’ of zinc supply, with mine closures and production cuts outweighing new output, says Wood Mackenzie Analyst Jonathan Leng.

The downside is that stockpiles are at multi-year lows. Two major mines shut down last year, but demand remains relentless. The supply squeeze is on, and it’s painfully tight. China is going through record amounts of zinc, and America plans to spend billions on infrastructure and military defense build-ups mean that zinc—more than at any time in history—is the number one go-to metal.

Zinc will decide the fate of progress. It will define the economic future, and it will even shape the military capabilities of the world’s superpowers.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/the-only-metal-trump-wants-more-than-gold_05232017
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: The Only Metal Trump Wants More Than Gold
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:21:47 PM »
In terms of Prepper stockpiling, I'm not sure that Zinc metal would have the value as a storehouse of wealth, for instance, Aluminum stock, Iron or Steal bars,, Gold, Silver or Platinum.

Aside from it's use in making cells for a battery, I'm not able to think of another use for Zinc metal.  Yes, it can be used to coat iron objects, but so can Tin, for the same purpose.

Would you accept Zinc metal in a barter exchange?

Pre-SHTF, Zinc appears to be a "strategic" metal for military and industrial usage.  That gives it value while Industries and the military are demanding more production.

I would watch the commodity as an indicator for economic changes.

A question occurs to me:  Why did those Zinc mines close?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:32:28 PM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline ken_

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:08 PM »
A question occurs to me:  Why did those Zinc mines close?

Probably the same reason domestic tungsten mines closed. Cheaper to produce elsewhere. As far as metal goes, silver is still my choice. Valuable enough even post SHTF but not "too" valuable like gold. Of course there is also a lot to say in favor of lead, copper, and brass.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 12:34:23 AM »
I did a little digging and found multiple reports of mine closures around the world.

Zinc is a byproduct of mining for other metals, and there appears to be a number of mines which are running out of OTHER METAL ores with enough value to continue extraction.   That means less zinc production...

One report:

http://www.mining.com/copper-lead-zinc-prices-stay-boil/

I'm NOT a mineral or mining analyst so you will need to trust the words of people who make money from trading... That means they have a vested interest in telling you what they want you to believe...  Caviate Emptor, Let the buyer beware...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.