Home Page

Article - Advice on Situational Awareness and Riots

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Article - Advice on Situational Awareness and Riots
« on: April 27, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
For those who, like us, live in a city, being aware of what is going on around us (situational awareness) is NOT second nature (unless you're already a prepper).

This article has some anecdotal reports on what they saw BEFORE a riot started.  This could help you decide to avoid a problem before it becomes dangerous.

http://readynutrition.com/resources/heres-how-to-tell-if-riot-is-about-to-erupt-in-your-city_26042017/

In my opinion, situations like the one described above are becoming more common, more frequent and perhaps more violent.

It behooves to you to be more aware, more cautious and start thinking ahead during your everyday travels.  Even if you are staying home, listen to what news reports you can find.  I don't have great confidence that any  news media will have advance reporting, but if the run-up to a riot is slow enough, the news reporters will start tracking it.

Were we live, a college town, there has been little evidence of any "social justice warrior" or "activist" movement... Not that they don't exist here, but they are not being visible.... A good thing.  Your Mileage May Vary ;)

If you travel to other towns or states, be aware of what is happening along the way and at your destination, before you leave.  A little time spent gathering information may make it much safer for you...

[EDIT]  In line with my opinion on government 'assistance' during a riot, this article gives some useful descriptions and quotes from various government programs.  Read them to understand what you can expect and what you might do to actually AVOID some of this 'assistance'...

http://www.askaprepper.com/us-official-procedures-shtf-know-hits/

I hope we are all aware of the stories relating to FEMA actions and plans.  I, personally, regard FEMA as the option of last resort in a crisis...  I think it is similar to the warnings on old maps and sign posts: "Here be dragons" and "Abandon all Hope, Ye who enter here".  Too much of a one-way door.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:25:49 AM by TWP »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Article - Advice on Situational Awareness and Riots
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »
I have a friend that teaches part time at TMCC (and possibly at UNR). He has been saying for several years that while there are some rather astute students that lean toward prepping, the vast majority are stereo-typical left wing, support the government, the government will not let 'it' happen, and if it does happen anyway, the government will take care of them.

They blame conservatives, gun-owners, survivalists, preppers, and the ilk for the ills of the world. And from what he is saying they are definitely 'me' people. It is all about them. They have said, flatly, that they will do whatever they have to in order to survive, including stealing and killing. This is individually and as a group. And not just a few of his students. The majority.

I am not seeing this in youth, up to about 15 or 16, but I am seeing what he is talking about in the current college age adults.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)