Home Page

Bringing back the gold standard

Offline 230gr

Bringing back the gold standard
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:49:19 AM »
While this might be the real and, possibly only, way to save the dollar, I doubt it will happen before a complete economic collapse. The real question is do we really have the gold reserves that we are told or have they secretly been sold off the keep the government afloat? Will the government demand that civilians turn in their gold to back a new gold backed dollar?

President Trump Loves Gold
“Bringing back the gold standard would be wonderful.  We’d have a standard on which to base our money.” — Donald Trump

For the first time in a century, we’ll have a man in the White House who believes in gold.  President Trump famously accepted gold from tenants of his skyscrapers and has invested millions in gold himself.  And now as president, Trump has vowed to rescue the nation’s currency by reinvesting the nation in gold. For the first time in a century, we’ll have a man in the White House who believes in gold.  President Trump famously accepted gold from tenants of his skyscrapers and has invested millions in gold himself.  And now as president, Trump has vowed to rescue the nation’s currency by reinvesting the nation in gold. For the first time in a century, we’ll have a man in the White House who believes in gold.  President Trump famously accepted gold from tenants of his skyscrapers and has invested millions in gold himself.  And now as president, Trump has vowed to rescue the nation’s currency by reinvesting the nation in gold.
https://6ce3b26ddb03138c11c9aefd-wholesaledirectm.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/dollar_devaluation.png?x47603

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
Re: Bringing back the gold standard
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »
The old mantra; say it three times to get the point across.

It will be Very interesting to watch what happens with respect to going back to a true gold standard (I mean in terms of a convertible currency).

With the current push to go "cashless" (all digital currency),  I expect there will be some strong public rejection.  Look what is happening in Venezuela when they attempt to remove just two paper notes from circulation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/riots-looting-venezuela-president-maduro-sudden-currency-manipulation/

I was not aware of Trump's preference for Gold (a good thing).  I also don't see much discussion of actions he might be planning with respect to "real" money.  My bet is that this will not come up until after he is confirmed and accepted in the office (electoral college votes today...).

Keep us updated if you find any more information.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline 230gr

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
Even then I expect that "gold backed" would mean redeemable to foreign government in physical gold only, not US citizens. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Clay

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »
I don't expect it to happen, unless it's from the aftermath of a crash.

Most people I talk to don't even understand why inflation is bad and deflation would be good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions